School work whilst self isolating
I am sure a lot of parents are in the same situation as we are, shocked that schools are about to close for an unknown length of time. My daughter has been working hard in preparation for her SATS in May and today she was told that not only will school close on Friday but the exams will not take place. She spoke about not being sure what the point is. I am hoping to share a few resources to help provide structure and routine in this uncertain time. I don’t think that it is a priority to complete a full six hour day each day, the priority is making sure that the children feel safe and that they are not exposed to too much news.
- BBC Learning – http://www.bbc.co.uk/learning/coursesearch/ BBC offer a lot of information on their website.
- Twinkl – https://www.twinkl.co.uk. There are a lot of free resources that you can print out, this is usually a something that the schools use and there is usually a fee, at the moment the resources are being offered for free. They have codes for free access at the moment. Different codes are needed for different countries uk is – uktwinklhelps
- The Khan Academy, https://www.khanacademy.org offers free resources for all ages and abilities.
- TES https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources This is an awesome website that has a wealth of information. It is a mixture of free and paid for items but I am sure you will find something that will be helpful.
- Duolingo – https://www.duolingo.com This is a great website (there is also an app) where you can learn languages.
I am sure there are others but at the moment when there is too much information being presented to us and so much information available I think it is important to provide a compact list that feels more focused.
I have added a homeschool highlights to my Instagram stories. You can access it from this link https://www.instagram.com/unicornpuffsandrainbows/
I will be updating with how we get on and any other online resources will be added as I see them.
Good luck to everyone that needs it over the coming weeks. We can do this. We have one another and the internet!